Course Content and Outcome Guide for RD 82A
- Course Number:
- RD 82A
- Course Title:
- Reading 82A
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionFocuses on instruction in vocabulary, comprehension, study skills, and dictionary use. Prerequisite: ABE 0783 or placement into RD 80. Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
Reading 82 focuses on instruction in vocabulary, comprehension, study skills, and dictionary use.
Prerequisite: Asset reading placement score 32-35.
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Articulate topic and main idea in a variety of reading materials
- Use reading for pleasure, learning, and intellectual stimulation.
- Exhibit successful college student behaviors
- Perform successfully in subsequent reading courses.
Course Activities and Design
Assessment may include, but is not limited to:
- Completion of daily assignments
- Participation in Group work
- In-Class tests
- Oral or written book report or other project based on a book read by the student
- Reasonable attendance
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Study reading and pleasure reading
Relation of vocabulary to comprehension
Marking text material for better recall
Vocabulary: context skills, dictionary skills
Main Idea and supporting details
Reading the Newspaper
Completing a book for enjoyment