Course Content and Outcome Guide for RD 81A Effective Fall 2015
- Course Number:
- RD 81A
- Course Title:
- Reading 81A
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionFocuses on instruction in vocabulary, study skills, and dictionary use. Prerequisite: ABE 0783 or placement into RD 80. Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
Reading 81 focuses on instruction in vocabulary, study skills, and dictionary use.
Prerequisite: Asset reading placement score 32-35.
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Employ vocabulary development strategies.
- Exhibit successful college student behaviors.
- Perform successfully in subsequent reading courses.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Relation of Vocabulary to comprehension
- Reading = Thinking
- Marking text material for better recall
- Vocabulary: context skills and dictionary skills