Course Content and Outcome Guide for RAD 285
- Posted by:
- Curriculum Office
- Course Number:
- RAD 285
- Course Title:
- Imaging for Pathology
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture hours:
- Lecture/Lab hours:
- Lab hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionCompares the appearance of pathology using various imaging modalities such as CT, MRI, diagnostic radiography, and others. Covers variables of imaging exam selection according to pathology. All classes are designed for graduate technologists and senior medical imaging students. ARRT certification or department permission required.
Addendum to Course DescriptionThis course will allow senior radiography students and graduate radiographers the opportunity to expand their knowledge of imaging pathology. With the course's flexibility to concentrate on different pathologies and/or imaging procedures, the most recent advances in imaging procedures will be addressed. This is necessary to remain current in a rapidly changing technological field.
Intended Outcomes for the courseUpon completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Recognize the imaging characteristics of various pathologies on CT, MR, NM, and US films.
- Describe the appropriate imaging procedures for various pathologies.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Complete course examination.
- Identify various pathologies as demonstrated on different modalities.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)THEMES, CONCEPTS & ISSUES:
- Presentation of symptoms
- Methods available
- Characteristics of options
- Selection protocol
- Indications & contraindications
- Patient prep
- Supplies & room preparation
- Imaging sequence
- Characteristics of pathology appearance
- Comparison of different types of pathology
- Comparison of appearance with different imaging procedures
- Learn exams utilized within each modality of medical imaging.
- State contraindications/indications of various exams within each modality.
- Describe, with rationale, the necessary patient preparation procedures for each exam.
- Identify the characteristics and appearance of various pathologies.