Course Content and Outcome Guide for PE 185B Effective Fall 2015
- Course Number:
- PE 185B
- Course Title:
- Intermediate Basketball
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionProvides instruction and an opportunity to develop basketball skills and knowledge at an intermediate level. Covers implementation of set plays and skills through drills and game play. Recommended: Beginning basketball skills. Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
Each student supplies his/her own clothing. Clothing should be loose and comfortable fitting for exercise. Shoes are mandatory and should be designed for basketball.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate continued improvement of physical conditioning through basketball play.
- Apply skills developed through drills to play basketball at intermediate level.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Skill Assessment
- Written Exams and Assignments
- Game Participation
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Basic Fundamental Skills of Basketball
- Rules, terminology, and sportsmanship
- Safe Use of Equipment
- Perform Warm Up and Cool Down
- Practice Basic Fundamentals; including ball handling, passing, shooting
- Participation in Team Play
- Demonstrate use of Game Strategy for Team Play