- Course Number:
- PE 141A
- Course Title:
- Disc Golf
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionProvides Disc Golf instruction in skills, drills and game play. Emphasizes history, etiquette, rules, vocabulary and strategy. Promotes skill related components of physical fitness (agility, balance, coordination, power, speed and reaction time) through the sport. Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
Students will play at nearby parks, to be determined. Will need to bring 3 discs (driver, mid-range disc and a putter.)
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion students should be able to:
- Improve overall physical conditioning through participation in disc golf including but not limited to skill-related fitness (agility, balance, coordination, power, speed and reactiontime), muscular fitness and flexibility.
- Perform safe and effective skills and techniques for Disc Golf. Apply knowledge of rules and scoring when golfing.
- Develop a lifelong fitness health and wellness program that includes disc golf.
Course Activities and Design
Rules. Game play. Skill drills. Oral Presentations
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Attendance & Active participation - Game play
- Demonstrations of physical techniques given throughout the course.
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviors of players on the course.
- Research on internet.
- Oral presentations.
- Written assignments and/or exams
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Warmup and cooldown.
- Practicing disc golf skills through drills and game play.
- Demonstration of etiquette during play.
- Scoring games