- Posted by:
- Michael Passalacqua
- Course Number:
- OS 280F
- Course Title:
- CE: Administrative Assistant
- Credit Hours:
- 1 TO 5
- Lecture hours:
- Lecture/Lab hours:
- Lab hours:
- Special Fee:
Cooperative Education: Administrative Assistant Provides field experience for the administrative assistant student. Recommended: RD 115, WR 115 and satisfactory progress through at least 15 credit hours of CAS/OS courses, or instructor permission required.
Addendum to Course Description
The student may enroll for 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 credits. The ratio of hours to credits will be determined by the current policies of the college and the Cooperative Education office. (30 hours of work equal one credit.) A total of 5 credits are required for the AAS: Credits may be completed a credit at a time over multiple terms.
Course Activities and Design
An appropriate trainee position must be obtained by the student and be approved by the teacher/coordinator. The employing organization must agree to the objectives of the cooperative education program. The student will develop a training plan with guidance from the employing supervisor and teacher/coordinator.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
A Pass/No Pass grade will be issued for this class. Evaluation of student on-the-job performance will be based on the following:
- Completion of student training plan objectives as certified by supervisor.
- Supervisor evaluation.
- Coordinator/supervisor conference(s) reviewing student's performance on the job.
- Satisfactory progress toward meeting goals developed in the cooperative education seminar (OS 280G).
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes, Concepts, Issues
- Interpersonal skills
- Setting job-related goals
- Job search skills
- On-the-job training
- Become aware of the importance of personal traits in performing effectively as an administrative assistant.
- Set and work toward job-related goals.
- Apply the student training plan developed in the seminar (OS 280G).
- Meet training plan objectives.
- Apply the evaluation instrument developed in the seminar to measure job performance.
- Perform self-evaluation.