- Course Number:
- OS 250
- Course Title:
- Creating a Virtual Office
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionCovers all aspects of creating an office for a virtual specialist. Includes developing an individual business plan, creating a marketing plan incorporating a social media marketing strategy, establishing a fee rate range, identifying software requirements, planning a company website, legal requirements, insurance issues, negotiating contracts, and creating a file management system. Recommended: CAS 246. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Create an office for the virtual specialist.
- Use critical thinking skills to identify a niche.
- Create a working business and market plan.
- Plan a company web site.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Grading of this class will be based on completion of research project(s). May also include objective examinations or other assessment methods.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
· Office setup and layout
· Software Needs
· Business Plan
· Marketing Plan
· Website Plan
· Financial and Legal Concerns
· Develop individual business plan
· Create a marketing plan
· Establish a fee rate range
· Identify software requirements
· Plan a company website
· Create file management system