Course Content and Outcome Guide for OS 131 Effective Summer 2015
- Course Number:
- OS 131
- Course Title:
- 10-key on Calculators
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionDevelops 10-key skills by touch. Recommended: Placement into RD 115, WR 115, and MTH 20. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Students will be able to
- Use proper finger placement on the keypad.
- Enter numbers by touch for speed and accuracy in adding and subtracting numbers.
- Effectively utilize the 10-key machine as an efficient business tool.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
This is a Pass/No Pass course with a letter grade option. Students may change to the letter grade option through MyPCC. Students must choose before the completion of 80% of the class.
A grade will be issued based on:
- Timed tests to evaluate touch speed at 120 correct digits per minute by touch with no errors for one minute.
- Performance tests to evaluate effective utilization of the 10-key machine as an efficient business tool.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes, Concepts, Issues
- Proper finger placement
- Subtotal and total
- Constant multiplication, constant division
- Grand total
- Memory plus, memory minus, memory subtotal, and memory total
- Decimal settings
- Item count
- Key addition speed at 120 correct digits per minute by touch with no errors
- Solve problems using addition and subtraction
- Solve problems using the subtotal and total
- Solve problems using multiplication
- Solve problems using division
- Solve problems using constant multiplication, constant division
- Solve problems using grand total
- Solve problems using memory plus, memory minus, memory subtotal, and memory total
- Solve problems using percent
- Solve problems using equal, equal minus, equal plus
- Solve problems using decimal settings
- Solve problems using item count