Course Content and Outcome Guide for MUP 100
- Course Number:
- MUP 100
- Course Title:
- Individual Lessons/Non-Majors
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionIncludes individual instruction in piano, organ, voice and instruments of the band and orchestra. Can be taken for a maximum of six credits. Credit fee is paid to the college. Lesson fees are variable and paid directly to instructor. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the courseThe material for the course will be presented in a lab/demonstration format.
- Students will be able to demonstrate basic instrument technique and consistent musicianship.
Outcome Assessment StrategiesMethods used to evaluate student progress and the criteria for assigning a course grade should be made clear by the instructor at the beginning of the course. The individual instructor will determine the method of assessment. Assessment methods may include:
- Qualitative and/or quantitative examinations
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Suggested Repertoire: Common practice literature.
The following skills are to be achieved to successfully meet the minimum requirement(C or Pass) for the course:
- Demonstrate instrument basics
- Major and minor scales and arpeggios
- One to three pieces covered per term
- Basic sight reading material