Course Content and Outcome Guide for MUC 280A Effective Winter 2016
- Course Number:
- MUC 280A
- Course Title:
- Cooperative Education: Vocational Music
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionDevelops individual music performance, writing or recording skills in a department approved work setting. Department permission required. Corequisites: MUS 280B. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
- The student will develop goals and learning objectives mutually agreed upon by the student, instructor, and employer or supervisor.
- The student will apply skills learned in the classroom to practical "on the job" setting.
- The student will gain experience in an industry job or supervised activity.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
On the job evaluation will be a joint effort by the student and work supervisor. The assessment shall address the goals and learning objectives developed at the beginning of the term. A grade of "Pass/No Pass" will be issued.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
The student, instructor and employer develop a work experience plan. The student will document time worked and activities performed.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- The student will be able to develop a training plan for a job.
- The student will be able to perform the tasks learned on the job.
- The student will be able to establish future employment references.
- The student will have a better understanding of the skills and demands of the industry.