Course Content and Outcome Guide for MSD 142B
- Posted by:
- Curriculum Office
- Course Number:
- MSD 142B
- Course Title:
- Thriving in Transition
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture hours:
- Lecture/Lab hours:
- Lab hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionThriving in Transition This 10-hour workshop discusses how to thrive in the midst of the constant change. Topics include understanding the sources of change, proposing change, addressing resistance to change, and successfully implementing change.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Use an understanding of the psychological change process to help employees thrive in a changing environment.
Use steps for implementing change to assist an organization with innovating change.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Various individual and/or group skill-building activities such as role-plays, case studies, or other exercises geared toward critical analysis of course concepts..
- Written assignments or oral reports designed to integrate course material into personal experience or experiences of others.
- Complete exams comprised of essay and/or objective questions, or an individual and/or team project or paper which requires integration, application, and critical examination of course concepts, issues, and themes.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Innovating change
- Coaching employees
- Oral, written, and presentation skills
- Listening skills
- Problem solving
- Minimizing resistance
- Creating a receptive environment
- Learning from failure
CONCEPTS, THEMES & ISSUES:
- Change agentry
- Sources of change
- Proposing change
- Implementing change
- Responding to business environment
- Psychological/emotional resistance to change
- Psychological change process
- Helping people adapt to change
- Physical/mechanical change process
- Resistance to change
- Change creates opportunities