Course Content and Outcome Guide for MM 258
- Course Number:
- MM 258
- Course Title:
- Video Composting and Editing II
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionContinues development of essential foundation skills needed to create motion graphics using industry standard software. Illustrates intermediate concepts of motion graphics, and the functions and capabilities of the software tools including their extensive compositing, keying, animation, and special effects capabilities. Prerequisites: MM 237. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion, students should be able to:
- Use industry standard graphic motion tools to create media for multimedia presentations and other digital formats.
- Create advanced digital composite motion graphic products that incorporate elements of multimedia design, typography and layout, digital imaging/photography, digital video and audio editing, and 3D animation.
- Optimize motion graphic projects for multiple delivery options.
- Evaluate motion graphic projects, identify items for improvement, and implement changes.
Course Activities and Design
- The material in this course will be presented in a classroom lecture/discussion/demonstration format, and in class hands-on exercises.
- There will be short assignments weekly, which may be partially completed inclass. Also, a longer assignment, which demonstrates techniques and skills, developed in the course.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Projects will be the major criteria for evaluation. Emphasis will be placed on creativity, presentations, meeting assigned deadlines, and participation in critiques. Additional methods of assessment may include quizzes, exercises, assignments, and attendance.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Use industry standard video compositing editing tools to create media.
- Use industry standard video compositing editing tools to produce a systematic workflow to produce media for various communication goals.
- Demonstrate advanced roto?scoping, and keying techniques, color matching, lighting and camera rigging, and animations.