Course Content and Outcome Guide for MCH 293
- Posted by:
- Sally Earll
- Course Number:
- MCH 293
- Course Title:
- CNC Router Fund. Orient.
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture hours:
- Lecture/Lab hours:
- Lab hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionIntroduces how to setup and operate a Techno brand CNC router to manufacture a simple project. Exploratory of the machines application, or as a fundamentals class for engineering and art students, and others to acquire skills to create objects of their own design. Students must be proficient at CNC "G" code for milling applications prior to taking the course.
Addendum to Course Description
Requires basic computer operational skills literacy. Students will purpose and complete project work to support theory skills. Students must be proficient at CNC “G” code for milling applications prior to taking the course. Instructor approval required.
Intended Outcomes for the course
1. Identify processes that can be completed on a Techno brand CNC router and setup and operate a Techno brand CNC router to manufacture a simple project.
2. Understand basic principles and use a vacuum table for material holding
Course Activities and Design
The course will be taught through structured training activities to develop competency and will include student proposed project work to reinforce these
Outcome Assessment Strategies
PRACTICE - Completion of tasks and projects identified in the course outline with an emphasis on correct machine setup and operation.
LAB ACTIVITIES - Participation in both structured and student selected laboratory exercises with the emphasis on developing skills or increasing expertise in the areas of study identified in the course outline.
FINAL ASSESSMENT - An assessment in the form of a written exam and/or practical application that addresses the subject areas identified in the course outline. This will include student project work.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Skills obtained from this course will be:
1. The ability to identify manufactured projects or products that are compatible for production on CNC routers.
2. Basic set and operation of a Techno brand CNC router
3. Student proposed project work to reinforce these concepts.