Course Content and Outcome Guide for LAT 232 Effective Summer 2015
- Course Number:
- LAT 232
- Course Title:
- Landscape Irrigation II
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionInformation and calculations needed to layout and draw irrigation plans for conventional spray and drip systems. Irrigation controller programming and auditing. Prerequisites: LAT 108, LAT 236; or department permission. Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
Students will measure a site, record hydraulic data and draft an irrigation design incorporating spray and drip zones accompanied by an estimate. A water audit of an existing system will also be conducted. Drafting skills are helpful but not required. A thorough knowledge of irrigation components is essential.
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Understand hydraulics and how it affects a zone's performance.
- Understand the steps involved in producing an irrigation plan.
- Draft a hydraulically correct and water efficient irrigation plan.
- Estimate an installation price for a construction plan.
- Conduct a water audit.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Written mid-term and final exams.
- Projects: irrigation plan, cost estimate, water audit
- Written Exercises
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Selecting and Locating Sprinkler Heads
- Valve Placement and Circuiting
- Pipe Sizing
- Irrigation Plan Drafting
- Microirrigation Components and Design
- Irrigation Estimation
- Water Auditing