Course Content and Outcome Guide for LAT 224 Effective Fall 2015
- Course Number:
- LAT 224
- Course Title:
- Grading and Drainage
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionCovers the interpretation of design documents to lay out grading and drainage projects. Includes the design and installation of drainage elements per site requirements. Introduces tools and methods for grading landscape sites based on design documents and field measurements. Prerequisites: LAT 236 and WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion students should be able to:
- Lay out a grading plan in the field.
- Grade and contour a site based on design documents and site characteristics.
- Recommend solutions to existing grade problems.
- Design, plan and evaluate landscape drainage solutions.
- Install drainage features on a landscape site.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Midterm and final exams
- Weekly assignments
- In-lab projects
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Reading grading plans and relative construction documents
- Identify and safely operate tools and equipment for grading and drainage installation
- Materials and supplies for grading and drainage
- Site layout for grading
- Grading landscape sites
- Site evaluation for grading and drainage
- Evaluation of existing grading and drainage