Course Content and Outcome Guide for JPN 213C
- Course Number:
- JPN 213C
- Course Title:
- Intermediate Japanese Conversation
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionProvides further advanced practice of structures and vocabulary of second year Japanese in a conversational format. Recommended: Concurrent enrollment in JPN 203 or instructor permission. Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
JPN 213B may be offered simultaneously with JPN203. This is a conversation-tutorial class for extended practice in order to foster better understanding of the materials presented in JPN203.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion students should be able to:
A. Handle interactions in a variety of settings using intermediate-level Japanese grammar and vocabulary.
B. Communicate more effectively with native speakers accustomed to dealing with non-native speakers.
C. Compare and contrast the values underlying cultural behaviors and attitudes within the Japanese speaking world in relation to ones own cultural
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will be assessed by any combination of the following:
1. Active participation in class
2. Individual presentations
3. Contextual written tasks (in or outside of class) to assess reading, writing, cultural, and aural competencies, including reading and writing of syllabaries
4. Oral interviews with partner or instructor
5. In class, interactive student role-plays