Course Content and Outcome Guide for JPN 212C
- Course Number:
- JPN 212C
- Course Title:
- Inter Japanese Conversation
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionProvides advanced practice of structures and vocabulary of second year Japanese in a conversational format. Recommended: Concurrent enrollment in JPN 202 or JPN 251, or instructor permission. Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
JPN 212B is offered simultaneously with JPN202. This is a conversation- tutorial class for extended practice in order to foster better understanding of the materials presented in JPN202.
Intended Outcomes for the course
upon successful completion students should be able to:
1. Handle a wider range of interactions in selected settings using intermediate-level Japanese grammar and vocabulary.
2. Apply effective communication skills to interact with native Japanese speakers accustomed to dealing with non-native speakers.
3. Expand understanding of cultural and linguistic similarities within the Japanese speaking world in relation to ones own cultural perspective.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will be assessed by any combination of the following:
- Active participation in class
- Individual presentations
- Contextual written tasks (in or outside of class) to assess reading, writing, cultural, and aural competencies, including reading and and writing of syllabaries
- Oral interviews with partner or instructor
- In class, interactive student role-plays