Course Content and Outcome Guide for ID 128
- Course Number:
- ID 128
- Course Title:
- Digital Rendering Presentation
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionIntroduces the skills necessary for the use of computer software Photoshop and InDesign for architectural design processes and presentation techniques. Recommend: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Prerequisite: ARCH 110. Audit Available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Design and produce a multi-layered document using Adobe Photoshop.
- Use Adobe InDesign at an introductory level to produce final design layouts.
Course Activities and Design
- In class exercises to develop familiarity with the program.
- Exercise on typology and text communication.
- Assignments on layers and understanding how to add color and texture information to architectural design documents.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Students are evaluated on successful material communication in their final documents.
- Students are evaluated on successful communication of color and concept in their final documents.
- Students are evaluated on the correct format of their final documents using the layers and layout necessary for professional Photoshop and InDesign documents.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Design Communication
- Integration of Design and Technology
- Correct color representation in architectural drawings.
- Simplifying a complex computer application for an introductory course.
- Furthering design development through the specifics of color, texture and materials.