- Course Number:
- HIM 286
- Course Title:
- Data Management and Analysis Lab
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionProvides an opportunity to practice and apply the knowledge learned in Data Management and Analysis. Laboratory course for HIM 281. Corequisite: HIM 281
Addendum to Course Description
Intended Outcomes for the course
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Abstract data for department indices/databases/registries.
- Present data in formats appropriate to the user.
- Monitor health records for compliance with regulations and organizational policy.
- Maintain the accuracy and completeness of the patient health record as defined by a health care facility's institutional policy.
- Maintain the integrity of the content of individual electronic health records.
- Maintain the integrity of a master patient index.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will demonstrate these learning outcomes by these tasks conducted individually and in cooperation with other students:
- Successful completion of laboratory assignments are outlined on the lab schedule.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Critical thinking skills
- Medical terminology
- Anatomy and physiology
- Health record content
- Spreadsheet software
- Word processing