Course Content and Outcome Guide for HIM 274 Effective Summer 2015
- Course Number:
- HIM 274
- Course Title:
- Quality Improvement in Healthcare Lab
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionCorequisite: HIM 271.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will demonstrate these learning outcomes by these tasks conducted individually and in cooperation with other students:
- Perform search activities using resources such as the Internet, libraries and other databases.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills by evaluating medical information and applying given criteria.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret policies and procedures and communicate outcomes.
- Recognize hazardous and potentially hazardous areas in a health information management department.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Collect data for quality management, utilization management, risk management, and other patient care related studies.
Conduct qualitative analysis on documentation in health information records.
Analyze data and compile it into a meaningful format.
Communicate the outcomes of a quality assurance evaluation to appropriate personnel in writing.
Develop a customer satisfaction survey.
Document incidents on incident forms.
Compose minutes for a medical staff committee meeting.