- Course Number:
- HIM 141
- Course Title:
- Health Record Content 2
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionContinues addressing the concepts of health information management covered in Health Record Content 1 including components of the content, use and structure of non-hospital healthcare data. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Identify and define various types of data found in various non-hospital health records.
- Apply knowledge of regulatory and accreditation documentation requirements in various non-hospital facilities that manage health records, such as, but not exclusively, long term care facilities, home health care agencies, rehabilitation facilities, physician offices, renal dialysis facilities, and correctionalfacilities.
- Apply research knowledge to monitor changes in regulatory and accreditation documentation requirements.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will demonstrate these learning outcomes by these tasks conducted individually and in cooperation with outer students:
- Answer theoretical and application questions on information covered in the lecture, graded assignments and reading assignments.
- Locate data requirements in federal, state, and accrediting bodies documentation.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
To complete the outcomes in this course students must have skills in:
- Health record content
- Health care facilities and professionals
- Federal and state regulations for health records
- JCAHO documentation standards
- Accrediting agencies documentation standards
- Medical terminology