- Posted by:
- Curriculum Office
- Course Number:
- HIM 120
- Course Title:
- Health Information Tech 1 Lab
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture hours:
- Lecture/Lab hours:
- Lab hours:
- Special Fee:
Laboratory course for HIM 110 Health Information Technology 1 and allows students to practice the skills and knowledge learned in that course. Corequisite: HIM 110.
Addendum to Course Description
This is the laboratory course for HIM 110 Administrative Systems and allows students to practice the skills and knowledge learned in Administrative Systems.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Use administrative office knowledge to perform administrative duties in health care facilities.
- Through an in-basket assignment, analyze and provide solutions for various problems in administrative functions using knowledge of administrative office management.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will demonstrate these learning outcomes by these tasks conducted individually and in cooperation with other students by:
- 1. Successful completion of assigned modules as outlined on lab schedule.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Explain current formats for data and information collection and the various ways in which data and information are collected.
- Understand data access and retention of paper-based, image-based and electronic information.
- Transmitted information electronically via phone, fax and e-mail.
- Maintain filing and retrieval systems for paper-based patient records.
- Audit the master patient index for errors.
- Identify the various professionals working in health care facilities.