- Course Number:
- GEO 280B
- Course Title:
- CE: Geography - Seminar
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionProvides a forum in which to discuss work experiences with peers and instructor. Department permission required. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion of Cooperative Education: Geography Experience - Seminar students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of what is involved in applying Geographic principles.
- Identify personal characteristics that relate to applying Geographic principles in the area of involvement.
- Communicate effectively, at their level, about the applied area of involvement.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will be expected to demonstrate knowledge of the concepts described in the required competencies by any combination of the following:
- Attendance and participation in class activities.
- Individual or group projects.
- Portfolio of completed work.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes, Concepts, Issues:
- Critical Thinking
- Ethical Conduct
- Applying Principles of Geography
- Skills/Abilities (Transferable, Adaptive, Task Specific)
- Effective Written and Oral Communication
Competencies and Skills:
- Demonstrate ability to organize information.
- Demonstrate ability to think critically about the applied experience.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the purposes of the applied working environment in which they were involved.
- Demonstrate an understanding of what is required to be successful in the applied working environment in which they were involved.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how Geographic knowledge, skills, and abilities are utilized in the applied working environment.
- Identify how the applied experience affected their future career choices.