Course Content and Outcome Guide for GD 242 Effective Winter 2016
- Course Number:
- GD 242
- Course Title:
- Combined Graphic Programs
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionCovers advanced integration of professional graphic design software. Includes projects which embody conceptual development and production of visual communications. Required: second year standing in the Graphic Design program. Prerequisites: GD 260.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Students should be able to:
- Create professional design solutions requiring the use of multiple programs
- Analyze project specifications to determine optimal software selection aligning with current industry standards
- Successfully prepare digital elements to seamlessly integrate with multiple programs used in the field
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Projects will be the major criteria for evaluation. Emphasis will be placed on creativity, presentations, meeting assigned deadlines, and participation in critiques. Additional methods of assessment may include quizzes, exercises, assignments, and attendance.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
• Determine the optimum software to create an element or effect.
• Prepare and integrate separately created elements into a final document.
• Demonstrate current design and layout utilizing elements created in multiple software applications.