- Course Number:
- FT 203
- Course Title:
- Fitness Promotion
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionCovers skills that promote healthy and fit lifestyles for individuals and groups in a variety of fitness disciplines. Introduces skills to promote success in the job market. Prerequisites: FT 280 or instructor approval. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Develop and implement activities/events to promote fitness for individuals and groups.
- Promote oneself in the fitness industry using effective written and oral communication skills.
- Apply concepts, skills, and strategies from a variety of disciplines to implement successful marketing promotions.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
• Attendance and participation • Exam and quizzes • Oral presentations • Written assignments • Project and skills evaluation
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
1. Various marketing and promotional strategies 2. Interviewing skills 3. Current fitness club industry promotional strategies 4. Data and promotion analysis 5. Program recommendation 6. Budget formulation and considerations 7. Professionalism 8. Continuing education 9. Oral and written communication 10. Entrepreneurship 11. Develop and implement a fitness promotion activity. 12. Promote a fitness activity using a variety of marketing strategies. 13. Prepare an analysis determining program success and future recommendations. 14. Present project information, both written and oral. 15. Participate in several one-on-one and group interview sessions. 16. Perform assessments and demonstrate programming skills if required for fitness promotion project. 17. Critique current fitness industry promotional practices. 18. Project a professional image.