- Course Number:
- FR 291B
- Course Title:
- French Composition
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionContinuation of FR 290B. Recommended: Instructor permission. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Conferences will include discussion of composition skills and advanced grammar and structural points. Improvement will be demonstrated through written projects. It is expected that the student's basic understanding of French grammar, syntax, and acceptable written forms will be extended. French will be used at all times.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
1. Student attendance and participation during conferences will be appraised to determine improvement in student's composition skills and knowledge of advanced grammar and structural points.
2. Demonstrated improved understanding of French grammar, syntax, and acceptable
written forms through conference discussions, written assignments and projects.
3. Corrected assignments must be revised to reinforce correct structure
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Writing assignments and projects may include a variety of written forms, including correspondence, business writing, and creative writing. Journals or long-term projects including research papers may be assigned to very advanced students. All assignments must be written in French, and French will be used at all times in the conferences.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
1. Improved reading, writing, and conversational skills
2. Improved understanding of French grammar, syntax, and acceptable written forms
3. Improved knowledge of cultural differences
4. Increased critical thinking skills
2. Small group collaboration
5. Speaking and listening reflectively