Course Content and Outcome Guide for FP 170 Effective Summer 2015
- Course Number:
- FP 170
- Course Title:
- Intro to Tactics & Strategy
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionExplores tactics and strategies used on emergency incidents. Includes incident action plan, size-up, exposures protection, rescue, containment, extinguishment, control, incident command system, mutual aid operations, post-incident analysis, and prefire surveys. Prerequisite: Placement into WR 121 and MTH 65, and FP 112.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion, students should be able to:
- Integrate the understanding of the incident command system into an emergency incident to include transfer of command, span of control and unity of command.
- Develop incident action plans to implement at emergency incidents that ensure the effective use of available resources to ensure life safety, environmental protection, and property conservation.
- Interpret factors that will influence the incident action plan or its implementation.
- Implement the major steps taken during size-up in the appropriate order in which they will take place at an emergency incident.
- Communicate effectively to appropriate constituencies the main components of pre-fire planning and the steps of a pre-fire plan.