Course Content and Outcome Guide for ELT 231 Effective Fall 2015
- Course Number:
- ELT 231
- Course Title:
- National Electrical Code II
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionPrepares electricians for state examination as prescribed by Oregon State Building Codes Division. Includes code explanations and application. This class can be used towards Continuing Education Units for Oregon State electrical licensing purposes. ELT 231 and APR 231 cannot both be taken for credit. Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
To prepare electrical journeyman for the Oregon State Electrical Supervisor's License. This course covers NEC updates and code changes for the current year's code cycle. This course uses the current year's National Electric Code book as the focus of class discussion.
Intended Outcomes for the course
REQUIRED STUDENT OUTCOMES:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the purpose and general content of the Oregon Electrical Code.
- Demonstrate knowledge from their work experience, the current requirements for electrical wiring and industrial changes that have been made, within their particular installations..
- Demonstrate knowledge of current methods and materials used for electrical wiring in commercial and industrial facilities.
- Review the National Electric Code equipment requirements for good electrical practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the special requirements for building and high density people concentrations. High fire risks and specific requirements by the State of Oregon.
- * Demonstrate knowledge of the National and State electrical codes for special equipment.
- * Demonstrate knowledge of the specific National Electric Code requirements for special conditions.
- * Demonstrate usage of the current National Electric Code book as a resource.
Course Activities and Design
Class activities are lecture and discussion.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessment will be based on two or more of the following attendance, participation and written examinations and quizzes. Procedures will be discussed at the first class session and the instructor's grading policy will be handed out with the other class materials.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Apply the current year's National Electrical Code, Code Update, Code Changes and Oregon Electrical Code requirements on the job.
- Apply the current requirements for electrical wiring and industrial changes to the students specific workplace.
- Apply current methods and materials to electrical wiring in commercial and industrial facilities.
- Apply the National Electric Code equipment requirements for electrical safety and code changes on their job.
- Apply Special Requirements of the NEC and Code Changes on the job.
- Apply National and State electrical codes and updates for special equipment on the job.
- Apply the National Electric Code and Code Changes for special conditions on the job.
- Use the current National Electric Code book as a resource for code changes and updates on the job.