- Course Number:
- EET 261
- Course Title:
- Biomedical Equipment II
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Introduction to modern imaging systems, pacemakers, defibrillators, surgical equipment, lasers, physiotherapy and electrotherapy equipment, hemodialysis machines, lithotriptors, anesthesia machines, ventilators, radiotherapy equipment and automated drug delivery systems. Prerequisites: EET 260. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion of this Biomedical Engineering Technology option, students should be able to:
- safely evaluate, calibrate, operate and maintain the biomedical equipment included in this course.
- perform safety inspections
- make repairs when necessary.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Students will have hands-on projects to study and troubleshoot medical equipment.
- Students will take quizzes over the lectured material.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- The Human Body: Overview
- Introduction to Biomedical Instrumentation and Measurement
- Operating and Service Literature from biomedical equipment manufacturers
- MS Powerpoint© presentation handouts
- Regulatory and compliance texts
- Resume preparation
- Job search skills
- Biomed customer service