- Posted by:
- Curriculum Office
- Course Number:
- EET 261
- Course Title:
- Biomedical Equipment II
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture hours:
- Lecture/Lab hours:
- Lab hours:
- Special Fee:
Biomedical Equipment II Introduction to modern imaging systems, pacemakers, defibrillators, surgical equipment, lasers, physiotherapy and electrotherapy equipment, hemodialysis machines, lithotriptors, anesthesia machines, ventilators, radiotherapy equipment and automated drug delivery systems. Prerequisites: EET 260.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion of this Biomedical Engineering Technology option, students should be able to:
- safely evaluate, calibrate, operate and maintain the biomedical equipment included in this course.
- perform safety inspections
- make repairs when necessary.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Students will have hands-on projects to study and troubleshoot medical equipment.
- Students will take quizzes over the lectured material.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- The Human Body: Overview
- Introduction to Biomedical Instrumentation and Measurement
- Operating and Service Literature from biomedical equipment manufacturers
- MS Powerpoint© presentation handouts
- Regulatory and compliance texts
- Resume preparation
- Job search skills
- Biomed customer service