Course Content and Outcome Guide for EET 123
- Course Number:
- EET 123
- Course Title:
- Digital Systems 3: Mixed-Signal Systems
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionCombines digital and analog circuit topologies. Explores Analog/Digital conversion and memory circuits. Includes modification, troubleshooting and analysis of circuits with a programmable logic device (PLD) using a hardware descriptive language (HDL), such as VHDL or Verilog. Prerequisites: EET 111 and EET 122. Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion students should be able to:
- Convert signals from analog to digital and digital to analog.
- Build and simulate electrical digital systems circuits and perform measurements with electronic test equipment.
- Write instructions in an integrated development environment (IDE) to simulate data manipulation between different memory types.
- Write technical reports using collected experiment data.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessment methods are to be determined by the instructor. Typically, in-class quizzes, online quizzes, exams and weekly homework assignments will be used. Laboratory assessment will be by reports and/or practical skills testing
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Specifications and Troubleshooting
Digital Signal Processing
Introduction to Memory Circuits
Memory Simulation and Assembly Language Syntax
Analog/Digital and Memory Circuit Fabrication