Course Content and Outcome Guide for EET 101 Effective Winter 2016
- Course Number:
- EET 101
- Course Title:
- Introduction to Electronic Testing Equipment/Soldering/Tools
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionIntroduces the operation and use of various types of equipment and tools used in electronic technology including; oscilloscope, function generator, DMM, and voltage source, calculator, and EXCEL. Uses software controls to obtain and analyze data available on this equipment, and Spice to perform simulation. Prerequisites: WR 121; Prerequisite/concurrent MTH 111. Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
The main purpose of this course is to help the student to successfully begin a new career path in electronics engineering technology.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion students should be able to:
1. Operate Electronic lab equipment
2. Use software to analyze lab data
3. Use soldering, Excel, and calculator skills in Electronic Technology setting.
4. Use Spice to perform simulations
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessment methods are to be determined by the instructor. Typically, in class exams, quizzes, homework assignments, class participation, and presentations will be used.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
1. Introduction to the field of electronics technology. Examples of typical electronic engineering technician jobs. May include guest presenters and videos.
2. An overview of PCC°s Electronic Engineering Technology program. Relationship of supporting courses, including math, writing, and physics, to the program courses and to employment in the industry. Also the relationship to 4 year EET programs such as OIT.
3. How to solve engineering problems, study, and take exams. May include guest presenters and videos.
4. Scientific calculators and how to use them in the EET program.
5. Introduction to the application of computer simulation in the EET program.
6. How to use word processor and spreadsheet software in the EET program.
7. How to use other PCC study resources, such as the library, computer resources centers, tutors, the world wide web, and the local network.