Course Content and Outcome Guide for ED 136
- Course Number:
- ED 136
- Course Title:
- Learning with Technology
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionExplores existing and emerging educational technology being used in libraries and classrooms. Focuses on using educational technology to complement and enhance learning activities. Discusses basic principles of instructional design and adaptive technologies.
Addendum to Course Description
The curriculum for this course is based on the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) recommended foundations in technology for all teachers. It meets the National Educational Technology Standards for Teachers (NETS-T) and the national Technology Standards for School Administrators (TSSA) as recommended by ISTE. Course competencies are aligned with outcome 5 of the Oregon Paraeducator Certificate:- Apply Technology to support teaching," learning and communication.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion students should be able to:,
- Describe how technology integration into learning activities can enhance learning, based on instructional theories and models. ,
- Apply basic principles of instructional design to develop technology-enhanced learning activities for diverse learner groups. ,
- Create online instructional materials and presentations for use in the classroom or library. ,
- Evaluate educational technology for use in the classroom or library. ,
- Collaborate and communicate with others using educational technology. ,
- Utilize assistive and adaptive technologies in the design and development of learning activities for diverse learner groups. ,
Course Activities and Design
Presentations by lecture", demonstration sessions and hands on application.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
, Final grade dependent on the degree of mastery of course objectives/outcomes. Class interaction, attendance and final project will also be taken into consideration in determining the final grade.