Course Content and Outcome Guide for ED 119
- Course Number:
- ED 119
- Course Title:
- Library Access Services
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionIntroduces access services within a library, including circulation processes and procedures, interlibrary loan, document delivery, reserves, and copyright. Explores providing quality customer service, maintaining patron confidentiality, and working with diverse individuals.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion, students should be able to:
- Explain library policies and procedures related to access services to library patrons and staff.
- Articulate circulation processes, including check-in and check-out of materials, collecting fees, and processing library cards.
- Apply access services models that support quality customer service in a library setting.
- Maintain and use library records based on patron confidentiality and privacy policies.
- Identify and explain copyright issues related to reserves, document delivery, and interlibrary loan to patrons.
- Organize and maintain collections through shelving, shifting, and shelf-reading.
Course Activities and Design
- Articulate different types of access service models in libraries.
- Explore issues of patron record confidentiality and privacy.
- Discuss copyright issues related to reserves, document delivery, and interlibrary loan to patrons.
- Review shelving techniques and processes.
- Interactive class discussions.
- Individual and group activities, projects, and presentations.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Demonstrate knowledge of access services, such as circulation processes and procedures, interlibrary loan, document delivery, reserves, and copyright through class discussions, activities, projects, and presentations.
- Actively participate in class discussions.
- Actively collaborate with others to complete group activities, projects, and presentations.
- Complete class activities, projects, and presentations on time.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Introduction to access services.
- Circulation policies and procedures.
- Interlibrary Loan, Reserves, and Document Delivery.
- Copyright as it relates to access services.