- Course Number:
- ECE 175A
- Course Title:
- Infant/Toddler Caregiving: Learning and Development
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionCovers growth and development of infants and toddlers ages birth - 3, including physical, cognitive, and language development. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion, students should be able to:
- Recognize developmental milestones for infants and toddlers and the environments that support development.
- Recognize responsive, respectful and relationship-based infant toddler care.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Attend and actively participate in class and small group activities.
- Complete written observations.
- Complete reflective journal.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Different stages of development
- Six major life discoveries in the first three years.
- Development of communication and language
- Naturally occurring activities.
- Communicating with Infants and Toddlers.
- Facilitating learning and development.