- Course Number:
- ECE 175A
- Course Title:
- I/Tod Care-Learning/Develop
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Covers growth and development: physical, cognitive, and language; ages of infancy and facilitating learning. Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
This class is the first in a four-course series on Infant and Toddler Caregiving. The courses were developed as The Program For Infant/Toddler Caregivers by the California Department of Education and WestEd/Far West Laboratory for Educational Research and Development.
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Recognize developmental milestones for infants and toddlers and the environments that support development.
- Recognize responsive, respectful and relationship-based infant toddler care.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Attend and actively participate in class and small group activities.
- Complete written observations.
- Complete reflective journal.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Different stages of development
- Six major life discoveries in the first three years.
- Development of communication and language
- Naturally occurring activities.
- Communicating with Infants and Toddlers.
- Facilitating learning and development.