Course Content and Outcome Guide for DT 9406 Effective Summer 2015
- Course Number:
- DT 9406
- Course Title:
- Dental Technology Practicum
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionCovers all steps and procedures in the construction of dental replacements which may include cast metal crowns and bridges, the use of dental ceramics, and/or partial and full dentures. Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
Laboratory experience for current students needing extra lab time and/or working dental laboratory technician who need to upgrade skills. Course work is individually designed to fit the needs of the student.
Intended Outcomes for the course
1. For current students, remedial lab experiences designed according to individual needs to complete program laboratory requirements.
2. For working lab technicians, skill upgrade training in areas of deficiency. A variety of course work is offered according to local need.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
1. Students will be evaluated on a pass/fail basis.
2. Course work completed in this course may be applied for credit in other courses as determined by the course instructor.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Students must meet with a dental department advisor prior to being allowed to enroll in this course. The
student's needs, goals, knowledge and skills will be assessed at the initial advising appointment and required competencies will be developed on an individual basis
THEMES, CONCEPTS, ISSUES AND SKILLS:
1. Refresh skills, as appropriate
2. Upgrade skills, as appropriate
3. Develop new skills, as appropriate