Course Content and Outcome Guide for DH 100
- Course Number:
- DH 100
- Course Title:
- Special Dental Hygiene Prac
- Credit Hours:
- 1 TO 5
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionClinic experience for dental hygiene students or graduates needing to maintain or enhance clinic skills outside the regularly scheduled clinic sequence, especially in preparation for Board examinations. Instructor permission required.
Addendum to Course Description
Students must have previously been enrolled in an accredited dental hygiene program and be eligible for second year enrollment in the upcoming Fall Term.
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Pre-graduation students: meet the individual education needs and/or to address deficiencies in clinical dental hygiene course work.
- Post- graduation students: prepare for clinical board examinations.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Pre-graduation students: an individualized plan will be prepared with objectives designed to meet the students needs and/or address deficiencies. Completed work may be applied to program requirements.
- Post-graduation students: following an assessment of current qualifications, skills and goals, an individualized plan will be prepared designed to meet the students needs.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
The pre-graduation student will
1. Meet with a faculty advisor/lead instructor to determine individual needs.
2. Complete objectives within the pre-determined standards set by the department.
3. Comply with all of the PCC Dental Hygiene clinic policies.
The post-graduation student will
4. Provide evidence of graduation from an accredited dental hygiene program.
5. Meet with the lead instructor/advisor to assess current knowledge and skill levels and to establish goals.
6. Complete objectives designed to meet his/her needs to a pre-determined standard set by the department.
7. Comply with all of the PCC Dental Hygiene clinic policies.