Course Content and Outcome Guide for CMET 233
- Course Number:
- CMET 233
- Course Title:
- CET Applied Computer Aided Design
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionPresents advanced topics in civil engineering-oriented computer aided design and drafting meeting industry standards. Audit available Prerequisites: CMET 241; Prerequisite or concurrent: CMET 214.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course, students should be able to:
1. Use civil engineering computer aided drafting and design software.
2. Import raw surveying data for development of surfaces and topographic drawings.
3. Create a digital terrain model for an existing site.
4. Create alignments, profiles, and cross sections for roadway projects.
Course Activities and Design
Lecture, discussion, demonstration and lab sessions will be the instructional methods used in this course. Individualized instruction
will be provided during class time while the student is working on assigned projects. Open lab time will be available, if needed to
complete assigned projects.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Evaluation will be based on the accuracy and completeness of projects, worksheets, and tests. Procedures for evaluation will be discussed
during the first class meeting.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will have satisfactorily accomplished the goals and objectives listed in this
course content guide. Course content guides are developed by college wide subject area curriculum committees and approved by management.
HVAC GRAPHICS DESIGN
- Instructional Goal:
- To develop knowledge and skill to draw ducts and piping for heating/cooling systems of a building relative to the building construction.
- Architectural drawings
- To identify and read architectural drawings
- Rug drawing (building background)
- To create a rug drawing of building
- HVAC Design
- To zone the building relative to the distribution of air
- To locate and draw equipment necessary to heat/cool the building
- To locate supply and return air grilles/diffusers relative to building design
- To know and demonstrate duct drawings and symbols
- Single line drawing
- Two (2) line drawing
- To demonstrate the proper sizing of ducts using the following
- Duct design chart
- To demonstrate proper duct routing through envelope of building
- To demonstrate piping of equipment when required.
- Architectural drawings