Course Content and Outcome Guide for CMET 214 Effective Summer 2015
- Course Number:
- CMET 214
- Course Title:
- Surveying II
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionPresents techniques for preliminary location and construction surveys. Includes elements of horizontal and vertical location for roadways, including circular and parabolic curves. Covers use of advanced capabilities of electronic total stations, include data logging. Prerequisites: ENGR 226. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion, students should be able to:
- Utilize stationing to identify locations on a roadway project.
- List and define the components of horizontal circular curves, and prepare curve data for field layout at specific stations.
- List and define the components of a vertical curve and calculate roadway elevations at specific stations.
- Establish and utilize a network of control points in the field.
- Use the more advanced capabilities of electronic total stations, including electronic field book, resection, and staking out.
- Develop spreadsheet solutions for common surveying problems.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Specific evaluation procedures will be defined during the first week ofclass.
Grading will depend on homework, exams, labs, and a project.