Course Content and Outcome Guide for CIS 295P Effective Summer 2015
- Course Number:
- CIS 295P
- Course Title:
- PHP Web Development II
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionIntroduces the advanced capabilities and features of PHP for Web site development. Includes using the object- oriented features of PHP, developing applications for security and portability, advanced features of MySQL, creating efficient applications by implementing business logic within the database itself using stored procedures and triggers. Prerequisites: CIS 195P. Prerequisites/concurrent: CIS 275. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
On successful completion of this course the student should be able to:
- Create PHP scripts that:
- use object-oriented PHP,
- implement business logic within the database,
- use stored procedures and triggers,
- are secure, portable and scalable.
- Create and deploy a portable web-based system.
- Test and debug object-oriented PHP scripts.
Course Activities and Design
This course is presented by means of:
Ã on-campus lectures or distance learning materials,
Ã group discussion,
Ã term project presentation and professional development self-assessment
Ã and quizzes, exams or other lab project assignments
Students will be required to use essential tools to complete the assignments in a timely and professional manner.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
· Develop, test and deploy a term project web-based system demonstrating their mastery of the Intended Outcomes.
· Participate in on-campus and on-line discussions.
· Deliver an on-campus and/or on-line presentation of their term project.
· Take quizzes and exams.
· Complete a professional development self-assessment