Course Content and Outcome Guide for CIS 233J Effective Winter 2016
- Course Number:
- CIS 233J
- Course Title:
- Java Programming II
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionCovers the use of Java to access databases and files including XML. Includes creating collections and arrays and using inheritance in Java programs. Prerequisites/concurrent: CIS 275. Prerequisites: CIS 133J. Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
This is the second course in the Java programming sequence
Intended Outcomes for the course
On successful completion of this course the student should be able to:
- Create a Java program to access a database.
- Create a Java program to access files, including XML.
- Create a Java program that uses inheritance.
- Write a test plan for a Java program.
- Write a Java program that uses collections.
Course Activities and Design
This course is presented by means of:
- on-campus lecture/discussion and distance learning lesson/discussion modalities
- project assignments
- Students will be required to apply subject matter covered in this course and prerequisite courses to complete the project assignments in a timely and professional manner.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Write applications and unit tests demonstrating their mastery of the Intended Outcomes
- Participate in on-campus and on-line discussions
- Take quizzes and exams