Course Content and Outcome Guide for CIS 195P Effective Winter 2016
- Course Number:
- CIS 195P
- Course Title:
- PHP Web Development I
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionIntroduces student to the server-side scripting language, PHP, and its use in the development of Web sites. Topics include web server, PHP and MySQL database installation, scripting, techniques, database manipulation, user authentication, tracking and session management and e-Commerce techniques. Audit available Prerequisites: CIS 122.
Intended Outcomes for the course
On successful completion of this course the student should be able to:
- Install and configure required software systems and tools.
- Create PHP scripts that:
· display static and dynamic content
· send e-mail
· read and write data files
· connect to various databases
· create and populate database tables
· provide user authentication
· track users
· manage sessions and
· provide simple web-based database administration.
- Create a web-based system (such as a shopping system) .
- Test and debug PHP scripts.
Course Activities and Design
This course is presented by means of:
Ã on-campus lectures or distance learning materials,
Ã group discussion,
Ã lab project assignments
Ã and quizzes, exams or presentations
Students will be required to use essential tools to complete the assignments in a timely and professional manner.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
· Develop, test and deploy parts of a web-based system demonstrating their mastery of the Intended Outcomes.
· Participate in on-campus and on-line discussions.
· Take quizzes and exams.