Course Content and Outcome Guide for CG 280B
- Course Number:
- CG 280B
- Course Title:
- CE: Career Development - Sem
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionThe Co-op seminar supplements the Co-op work experience by offering a flexible menu of assignments from which to select a variety of activities. Includes video tapes, selected readings, workshops, lectures and a variety of career related exercises to enhance career development. Department permission required. Co-requisite: CG 280A. Course may be repeated.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
1. Use work experience knowledge to make informed career choices.
2. Develop an effective job search plan and materials.
3. Articulate skills, aptitudes and experience relevant to workplace demands in job interviews.
4. Understand the demands of the workplace in order to successfully manage work related issues such as time management, stress management, and conflict
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will demonstrate these learning outcomes by completing assignments independently.
- Assess personal career development process in a reflective, written form. Students will draw on new knowledge or insights about personal competencies and characteristics and requirements for a particular career.
- Demonstrate research skills that include printed and electronic career information.
- Report on informational interview.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Competencies and Skills
The following list indicates the skills students will develop by completing assignments:
- Analyze self
- Organize information
- Research occupational/career information
- Think critically
- Reflect on own learning process
- Synthesize information
- Conduct informational interviews
- Make decisions
- Complete activities in a self-paced format.
Concepts, Themes, Issues
The contextualized networks of meaning students must understand in order to demonstrate the performance tasks and achieve the outcomes.
- Values Clarification
- Skills/Abilities (Transferable, Adaptive, Task Specific)
- Personality Traits
- Career Information