Course Content and Outcome Guide for CG 190
- Posted by:
- Curriculum Office
- Course Number:
- CG 190
- Course Title:
- Intercult Leadership - Mentors
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture hours:
- Lecture/Lab hours:
- Lab hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionExplores concepts of cross-cultural leadership and mentorship styles. Assists in the development of leadership and mentorship skills with the intent of supporting college success and retention of self and others. Includes teambuilding, goal-setting, role modeling, public speaking, time management, ethics, diversity, and customer service. Inspires the cultivation of a personal leadership vision and cross-cultural awareness, respect, and understanding. Course may be taken three times for credit. Requirement: Must pass a criminal background check if working with middle or high school students. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion students will be able to:
1. Incorporate personal leadership vision and cross cultural awareness when leading or mentoring groups or individuals across a range of diverse environments.
2. Adapt leadership strategies and activities in accordance with needs and goals of participants.
3. Apply workshop facilitation skills and portfolio development in the work environment.
4. Engage in life-long learning and continued leadership skill development.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will demonstrate the learning outcomes by the following tasks conducted individually and in cooperation with other students.
- Report on Information Interviews.
- Present on research.
- In-Class participation knowledge of the subject matter.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Competencies and Skills
The following list indicates the skills students will develop by doing assignments and participating in class:
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Facilitating Groups
- Develop and Organize Programs
- Communication Skills
- Conduct information interviews
- Pursuing Career, College and Scholarships
- Exploring Your Culture
- What are your leadership characteristics
- What are your leadership skills
- Developing personal responsibility
- Succeed by taking charge of your attitude
- Ropes Course
- Preparing OLI Graduation