Course Content and Outcome Guide for CG 180
- Course Number:
- CG 180
- Course Title:
- Intercultural Leadership for Mentees
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionProvides an opportunity for students from diverse cultural backgrounds to celebrate their cultural identity, develop educational goals and enhance their leadership skills. Includes college retention strategies, multi-cultural communication, diversity, team-building, community and environmental responsibility, critical thinking, problem solving, cultural awareness and self-reflection. Connects students with a mentor(s) through a series of interactive sessions. Course may be taken three times for credit. Prerequisites: Instructor permission.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion students should be able to:
1. Apply knowledge of college opportunities to develop and pursue post-secondary educational goals.
2. Use leadership skills when participating in peer, academic and community groups.
3. Effectively communicate as a team member and team leader in multi-cultural group settings.
4. Engage in life-long learning and continued leadership skill development.