Course Content and Outcome Guide for CG 147 Effective Summer 2015
- Course Number:
- CG 147
- Course Title:
- Decision Making
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionIntroduces the concept of decision making in both personal and professional environments. Includes an overview of goal setting and decision making models. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Students who successfully complete the course will be able to:
1. Assess decision making opportunities in personal and professional environments.
2. Employ effective decision making techniques in order to make intentional and timely decisions.
3. Assess outcomes of decisions made for possible reevaluation.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
1. Written and/or oral assignments designed to promote integration of course material.
2. Participation in group exercises, role plays, and/or discussions.
3. Quizzes that require integration of class material.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Competencies and Skills
1. Describe various goal setting and decision making models.
2. Anticipate need for decisions in personal and professional environments.
3. Prioritize possible decision paths.
4. Make timely decisions.
5. Evaluate outcomes of decisions.
Concepts, Themes, and Issues
1. Decision making
2. Goal setting
4. Choosing among alternatives
5. Evaluate outcomes