Course Content and Outcome Guide for CG 145
- Posted by:
- Curriculum Office
- Course Number:
- CG 145
- Course Title:
- Stress Management
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture hours:
- Lecture/Lab hours:
- Lab hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionIdentifies specific, personal stressors and develops skills that enable students to more effectively deal with stress. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
1. Differentiate between eustress and distress.
2. Identify personal stressors.
3. Define the physiological/psychological effects of stress.
4. Develop stress management and coping techniques.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will demonstrate the learning outcomes by the following tasks conducted individually and in cooperation with other students.
1. Keep a Stress Awareness Diary
2. Develop and write a life-change plan, incorporating stress management techniques.
3. Design and develop a time analysis chart.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
The following list indicates the skills students will develop by doing assignments and participating in class.
1. Participation and interaction within groups.
2. Documentation and reflection on observations.
3. Use of feedback outside the self for on-going improvement.
4. Use of writing to clarify and order thoughts.
Concepts, Themes, Issues
The contextualized networks of meaning students must understand in order to demonstrate performance tasks and achievement outcomes.
1. Personal Responsibility in Health Management
2. Techniques of Stress Management
3. Time Management Principles