Course Content and Outcome Guide for CG 0693
- Course Number:
- CG 0693
- Course Title:
- Confidence Building
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionExplores the concept of self-confidence: how it is acquired, how it can be sabotaged, and how it can be changed. Develops strategies, tools and techniques to build a positive self-image. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Use an understanding of self-image to increase effectiveness in personal and professional relationships.
- Apply an understanding of the factors that build or reduce self-confidence.
- Use knowledge of confidence building strategies to manage one's own thoughts and emotions.
- Utilize resources to engage support networks.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will demonstrate the learning outcomes by the following tasks
conducted individually and in cooperation with other students:
1. Complete and evaluate a self-confidence inventory.
2. Maintain and evaluate a personal journal.
3. Participate in various in-class individual and small group activities including role plays.
4. Compile a list of personal support networks.
5. Write a personal reflection paper that describes the tools the student will utilize to increase self-confidence.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
The following list indicates the topics that will be covered in the course.
1. Factors that contribute to the development of self-confidence.
2. How emotions impact thinking and self-confidence.
3. Describe ones own characteristics and values.
4. How to create support networks.
5. Role plays to promote self-awareness.
6. Strategies for improving self-understanding.
7. Role of feedback from others in the development of self-confidence.
8. How self-confidence is maintained and changed.