Course Content and Outcome Guide for CG 0690
- Course Number:
- CG 0690
- Course Title:
- Stopping Test Anxiety
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionCovers techniques for coping with excessive test-taking anxiety and improving overall test performance. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the courseStudents who successfully complete this course will be able to:
1. Understand emotions that trigger the test anxiety response.
2. Demonstrate progressive relaxation techniques.
3. Develop additional test-taking skills to enhance student success.
4. Use new knowledge to increase higher satisfaction during tests
and with test results.
5. Develop higher self-esteem as a result of increased success on
tests, and increased self-awareness.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will demonstrate the learning outcomes by performing the
1. In-class demonstration of progressive relaxation techniques.
2. Self-assessment of anxiety levels.
3. Written or oral reports on anxiety reduction strategies.
4. Demonstration, through test-taking, the development of successful
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Competencies and Skills
The following list indicates the skills students will develop by doing
assignments and participating in class:
1. Assess/analyze personal state of anxiety
3. Reason critically
4. Assess tests critically
5. Increase successful performance on tests.
6. Interact with instructors and students with decreased anxiety
7. Develop study partnership with students
Themes, Concepts, Issues
The contextualized networks of meaning students must understand in order
to demonstrate performance tasks and achieve the outcomes.
1. Course syllabus or outline
2. College resources.
3. Anxiety reduction
4. Types of tests.
5 Test-taking strategies
6. Organizational skills.
7. Teamwork concepts.
8. Adaptive cognitive skills.