- Course Number:
- CAS 222
- Course Title:
- Integrated Website Design
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of this course students should be able to:
- Integrate current web industry tools and techniques in order to ensure quality and meet client-specified functionality in professional websites.
- Provide constructive feedback to colleagues regarding the efficiency and accessibility of a website.
- Make appropriate adjustments to website design and content in response to feedback.
- Use critical thinking skills to address issues of accessibility and universal design.
Course Activities and Design
1. Individual projects
2. Group projects
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Grading of this class will be based on completion of project(s) developed individually or as part of a team. May also include objective examinations or other assessment methods.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Plan a complete website including structure, content, style, wireframe layout and a site map.
- Integrate social media and sharing tools into a website and discuss the pros and cons of different social media sites
- Use advanced form features such as field validation, sending and storing replies to an external database
- Examine website performance best practices and use tools to optimize websites.
- Use CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) in a website to create pull-down menus and styling for mobile devices
- Discuss network, web server and client/server terminology as they relate to websites and web hosting
- Discuss internet-related issues including accessibility, and universal design
- Publish, test and troubleshoot a website incorporating multiple technologies.