Course Content and Outcome Guide for CAS 180 Effective Summer 2015
- Course Number:
- CAS 180
- Course Title:
- Search Engine Optimization-SEO
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionIntroduces techniques and skills necessary to elevate your website to the number one position in a search through the use of up-to-date concepts for optimizing the searchability of web pages on the Internet. Introduces the creation of a tailored Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy, including on-page and off-page search engine optimization, META data research and analysis, traffic generation, online tools and SEO software. Covers client side SEO. Prerequisites: CAS 111D or CAS 111E or CAS 206 or instructor permission. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion of this course, student will be able to:
1. Create a tailored SEO plan for a new or existing website following current professional and/or industry standards.
2. Use critical thinking skills to implement effective techniques for increasing and maintaining high search engine rankings.
3. Employ research techniques to maintain knowledge of industry SEO standards.
Course Activities and Design
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Scored assignments
- Tests or quizzes
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Search engine terminology
- Search engine methodology
- Research techniques